WHEN IS A VHF RADIO TELEPHONE REQUIRED?
With a VHF Radio Telephone you can consult with the lock master, harbor master and traffic posts and you can easily connect with other ships via the VHF Radio Telephone. The use of the VHFRadio Telephone increases your safety, especially on waterways where professional and pleasure cruising eachother meet.
For pleasure craft with a length of more than 7 meters, a VHF radio is mandatory in some European countries. Also when you have a radar on board, a VHF Radio Telephone is mandatory.
THE FURUNO FM-4850 BLACK BOX MARINE VHF RADIO
TELEPHONE IS UNIQUE NO LESS THAN 5 FUNCTIONS ARE
COMBINED IN 1 DEVICE + POSSIBILLITY TO CONNECT 3
- DSC Class-D
- VHF Radiotelephone with ATIS
- 1 x Handset HD-4800A
- Handset-Verlängerungskabel (5m)
- Speaker SP-4800
- Built in AIS receiver
- Built in GPS receiver GPS with 72 channels GPS antenna to be added GPA-017
- 30 W Megaphone and fog horn with automatically generated signals and replayfunction.
The FM-4850 Black Box VHF Radio Telephone saves space can exchange all available data such as position and AIS targets via NMEA-0183 and NMEA-2000 networks. The solid state construction is water-resistant according to IP-67. Optionally, an additional handset and speaker are available for operation from a second position, for example the steering position in the cockpit. ATIS and MMSI number are easy to program yourself.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY VHF FM-4850 VHF RADIO TELEPHONE:
- FM-4850 VHF Radio Telephone 5-in-1 VHF
- Handset HD-4800A
- Handset extension cable (5m)
- Loudspeaker LS-4800
- Power cable 12v
- Bracket for build-up and built-in
- Standard mounting material
- Class-D Digital Selective Calling
- Transmission power 25 or 1 Watt
- Built-in two-channel AIS receiver for inland shipping
- Built-in 72 channel GPS receiver you need an GPS antenna as exemple GPA 017
- 30 Watt audio amplifier for megaphone and fog horn with replayfunction
- 10 weatherchannels
- 8 pre-programmed fog and alarm signals
- Supply voltage 12 volt DC, maximum 5 A
- Connections for NMEA-0183 and NMEA-2000 networks
- Plug & play operation from NavNet TZtouch2 Chartplotters
- Water resistant and dust resistant according to IP-67
- Weight: 1.7 kg
- Extra handset HS-4800 for second station with all functions
CHOOSE THE RIGHT VHF RADIO TELEPHONE ANTENNA
The antenna is a very important part of the VHF Radio Telephone. Yachts and motor boats often use a stainless steel antenna, which is stable and does not immediately break down when you come across something. Do you have a sailboat? Then a fiber antenna is the best choice. View our range of Antenas here.
Look tot the FURUNO Brochure FM-4850 here
For : Recreational Boats