WHEN IS A VHF RADIO TELEPHONE REQUIRED?
With a VHF Radio Telephone you can consult with the lock master, harbor master and traffic posts and you can easily connect with other ships via the VHF Radio Telephone. The use of the VHFRadio Telephone increases your safety, especially on waterways where professional and pleasure cruising eachother meet.
For pleasure craft with a length of more than 7 meters, a VHF radio is mandatory in some European countries. Also when you have a radar on board, a VHF Radio Telephone is mandatory.
THE FURUNO FM-4800A VHF SEA RADIO TELEPHONE IS UNIQUE
IN THE MARKET. NO LESS THAN 5 FUNCTIONS ARE COMBINED
IN 1 DEVICE:
- DSC Class-D
- VHF Radiotelephone with ATIS
- Built in AIS receiver for Collision avoidance (No separate AIS receiver necessary)
- Built in GPS receiver/antenna with 72 channels
- 30 W Megaphone and fog horn with automatically generated signals and replayfunction.
The FM-4800A can exchange all available data such as position and AIS targets via NMEA-0183 and NMEA-2000 networks. The solid state construction is water-resistant according to IP-67. Optionally, an additional handset and speaker are available for operation from a second position, for example the steering position in the cockpit. ATIS and MMSI number are easy to program yourself.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY VHF FM-4800A VHF RADIO TELEPHONE:
- FM-4800A VHF Radio Telephone 5-in-1 VHF
- Handmicrophone MIC-4800
- Power cable 12v
- Standard mounting material
- Class-D Digital Selective Calling
- Transmission power 25 or 1 Watt
- Built-in two-channel AIS receiver for inland shipping
- Built-in 72 channel GPS receiver
- 30 Watt audio amplifier for megaphone and fog horn with replayfunction
- 10 weatherchannels
- 8 pre-programmed fog and alarm signals
- Supply voltage 12 volt DC, maximum 5 A
- Connections for NMEA-0183 and NMEA-2000 networks
- Plug & play operation from NavNet TZtouch2 Chartplotters
- Water and dust resistant according to IP-67
- Weight: 1.7 kg
- Dimensions (with bracket, h x w x d): 118 x 231 x 169.5 mm
- Handset HS-4800A for second station with all functions standaard met 80 cm spiral cable
- 5 mtr cable voor HS-4800A
- 10 mtr cablel voor HS-4800A
- Speaker SP-4800
CHOOSE THE RIGHT VHF RADIO TELEPHONE ANTENNA
The antenna is a very important part of the VHF Radio Telephone. Yachts and motor boats often use a stainless steel antenna, which is stable and does not immediately break down when you bumpts to something under a bridge. Do you have a sailboat? Then a fiber antenna is the best choice. View our range of Antennas here.
FURUNO Brochure FM-4800 vhf radiotelephone
For : Recreational Boats